Monday, June 16, 2008

Mythopoeic Society

I am still writing my full review/analysis of Prince Caspian (movie vs. book). Yes, it is taking a long time. I spent much of this past month writing an article for the Pensacola News Journal, arranging an academic lecture in the fall for the history department, working on my final graduate paper, and of course serving up confectionary coffee concoctions and generally being a nuisance at Starbucks.

So I should post my voluminous thoughts on Prince Caspian soon. In fact, I plan to break the whole thing down into multiple posts.

In the meantime, considering much of my reading revolves around C. S. Lewis and the Inklings, readers of this blog may find the Mythopoeic Society of great interest. The Mythopoeic Society "is a non-profit organization promoting the study, discussion, and enjoyment of fantastic and mythic literature through books and periodicals, annual conferences, discussion groups, awards, and more," with a special interest in the Inklings.

No comments: