Friday, July 18, 2008

Notes from the front porch

You'll notice this blog's name change. This blog was formerly titled "Bill's Reading Habits" - a bit pedestrian. I preferred pedestrian at the time, given the personal, provincial nature of my posts. Actually, I just couldn't think of anything else to call it. Recently, however, I ran across a mix-cd I made called "Notes from the Front Porch," a title meant to signify my current life in the Trailer of Paradise. Wendy and I have a magnificent front porch (for a trailer). I sometimes even take notes on it. There you have it: examinations of life and literature from the front porch of an inconspicuous trailer in the middle of Pensacola, Florida. The musings of a history grad student soon to be unleashed upon the world like a GI Joe action figure flung casually from a school bus as it winds through the wild backwoods.

2 comments:

Feck off! said...

I like the title change. And I'm sorry to hear about the cockroaches!! Ew! Things getting better? Any more concrete plans about heading to Oklahoma in August? It would be great to car pool...or at least caravan. Even better on camels!

W.M. Clifton said...

We've seen many more cockroaches after we bombed the place and set traps than before. What gives?! Carpooling sounds great. At this point, Wendy won't be able to go, but job situations will hopefully change by then. Yes, let's take camels.